zondag 15 januari 2012

Blog 12: Rubbish bin fines to be scrapped under new plans

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16564592





The government is going to publish plans which would make it harder for councils to punish households for breaking minor bin collection rules. This means that for example households will not be fined immediately for a minor mistake concerning the trash cans.  These mistakes could be using the wrong sacks for recycling or overfilling wheelie bins for example. Now a lot of households still get fines ranging from £75 to £110 for minor errors. With the new rules these fines will get lowered too. Persistent offenders will still be punished but minor offenders may get less trouble this way.

I must say that I totally agree with these plans, I actually think they should do the same in The Netherlands. A small error is quickly made and putting things in the wrong kind of sack for example is not something that I think is punishable with an insane amount. These are after all mostly human errors and one usually does not even notice such an error until they get fined for it. I also agree that major and/or persistent offenders should still get punished. I only think that households should be fined less for minor mistakes that are made. Give people a warning and give them a chance to learn the correct way.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten