vrijdag 16 december 2011

Blog 8: Five Premier League clubs set to learn European draw fate

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16207237.stm


Five football clubs are awaiting the draw for the next round in the Champions and Europa League. The clubs can draw a number of different clubs which also has some possible Dutch opponents in it. For Manchester City and Manchester United it is somewhat of a letdown since they will be performing in the Europa League while they started out in the Champions League. The draw will be held at 11:00 GMT in Nyon.
I always like these drawings since you never know which club you are going to face. Sometimes this leads to some very surprising and interesting matches. For Manchester City I think it’s deserved that they will be playing the Europa League, the entire squad is bought by some millionaire and I hate clubs like that. Especially if they ruin the game by buying players for huge amounts of money (sometimes exceeding 50 million). I won’t be watching the draw live but will certainly look up the draw results later today.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten